Sunday 20 November 2011

Beside the Lake



Sun coming down on swan lake


20th Nov. I spent a short time down by the lake today. It was good to see growing numbers of Goosander. I counted thirteen, seven of them male. Most of the Cormorants were standing on the bare floating ‘thing’. There were seventeen of them in total. I counted sixty-one Canada Geese, nine Greylag Geese which includes the family of seven still staying in one party, and only one Goldeneye. There seems still to be few Pochard this year. There were of course the regular inhabitants. Gulls seen were Black Headed, Common appearing to grow in numbers, Herring and the odd Great Black Backed Gull.


On my walk to the lake I remember only seeing and hearing, Blackbird, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Great Tit and Blue Tit and of course the usual corvids and pigeons. A small flock of Goldfinch was seen on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment