Sunday 26 June 2011

Just Like the Meditterranean!

We are hoping the sea will be like this when we go on our pelagic trip!!!

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way
Lyrics courtesy of John Denver et all

26th Jun. I completed the regular coast, dene and pond walk today along with Tom. When I closed my eyes I could have sworn that we were in the Mediterranean area. My sunburnt arms tonight suggests we were! Not often the all weather birders get sun tanned.


You can read about the birds at Tom Sorry if the link doesn't work as I seem to have problems with these, however I'm sure you'll find your way to AughtonBirder. I saw my first butterfly before we left Killingworth this morning, but failed to I D it. There were good numbers about during the day. Butterflies seen were Small White, Large White, Common Blue, Small Tortoiseshell, Peacock, Red Admiral, Speckled Wood, Ringlet and Meadow Brown.


Bird of the day was definitely the pair of Lesser Whitethroat. An unexpected Yellow Wagtail on the wetland too! The Fox made a brief appearance here.

No comments:

Post a Comment